During lockdown, whilst working from home, our Director implemented stringent safety procedures, compiled using government guidance, to ensure the safety of customers and staff was maintained once we reopened. All new safety measures were designed to cover every part of our business; from our warehousing and storage, staff training facility, deliveries and cold rooms, right through to trading on markets and events and serving customers - from farm to fork.
As well as this we partnered with a tech firm who have created an app offering a click and collect option for public shows.
We launched this option as a pilot service in December 2020, becoming the first and currently the only company in the UK offering this service at public events. We are now rolling this out across all large events we trade at or manage in 2021.
We wanted to drive total confidence into our customers and event operators we work with, that Feast Streat is fully compliant and at the forefront of new processes, having the safety of its customers and staff as our number one priority.
So, with this in mind we decided to have a mini documentary made showing “behind the scenes” of our business and the changes implemented to be Covid-19 compliant. We have made another mini film since demonstrating our click and collect service in action, both of these films are below.
Increased safety measures include:
• Click and collect service, reducing queuing and increasing safety
• Staff temperature checks, which are checked before even shift and logged
• Increased hand washing
• More hand wash stations
• Staff wear gloves and wash hands twice as regularly as previously
• All staff now wear hats
• Sneeze screens on all concessions protecting food staff and customers
• Contactless payment systems on all concessions
• Hand sanitiser stations for staff and separate ones for customers
• Increased staff training
• Food stations cleaned fully with antibacterial agents every 20 mins